William Woodward

Value Investor
Hi I am a supermarket buyer In the UK I am not a professional investor. I wanted to learn enough to manage my own money and pick stocks. The more I read, I realised to do that properly will need work and dedication.
Hi 
  • I am a supermarket buyer In the UK
  • I am not a professional investor. I wanted to learn enough to manage my own money and pick stocks. The more I read, I realised to do that properly will need work and dedication. I’m reading the intelligent investor and would like to become what Graham refers to as the “enterprising investor”
  • I am interested in value investing because i don’t think I will be terribly good at forecasting and prefer the concept of investing with a margin of safety
  • I hope that the club will enable me to learn from the professionals and more experienced in order to allow me to build my own investing framework
  • I’m 34 and just moved in with my girlfriend. I love reading, especially History, Business, Investing and Politics. I am also a big Horse Racing fan
  • Not many people know I’m a qualified HGV lorry driver 
  • The best advice I was ever given was “ sometimes you have to shake hands with the devil to get on in life - but never embrace him”
  • The best investing advice I have read so far is the Seth Klarman quote that a good value investor is “ the combination of a contrarian and a calculator”